Tuesday, June 17, 2008

so "they" didn't think they could get it done with Rondo...

okay so earlier in the playoffs, someone or someones, I can't remember exactly who, but it was one of the groups who actually sits at the games (ya know like Chuck, Eddie and Kenny) said that Boston wouldn't be able to get it done with Rondo as a starting guard, that he was inexperienced, inconsistent, etc, etc. I was a little perplexed by this because while he had his share less than stellar performances, I always felt he played hard and genuinely like the guy. He plays hard and can pull off a big game. Yes he gets a little wild at times, and he is young, but darn it, he's good and I think he has heart. Well look who is having the last laughing now, little boy is helping lead his team to a championship tonight.
And speaking of heart, man, to me, Paul Pierce is a different player, different human being this year. I always felt like he had sort of a bad attitude/chip on his shoulder, but this season, these playoffs.... I've seen more heart, tenacity and unselfish play out of that guy than I ever thought possible. He has had to carry that team on his back some games and it's been amazing.
Which brings me to Garnett... I truly believe none of this would've been possible without him. I love Garnett, I have always thought him as one of the games great warriors, he has an incredible work ethic and one of the most gorgeous shots I have ever seen. Watching him play is bliss. I really think that the voters got the MVP thing wrong. How can you not vote for a guy totally changed a team around, changed their attitude, work ethic, heart and soul... to me that is far and away more important than any points or stats a player can bring to a team.
I think his reaction to winning says it all, I have never seen a player appreciate winning this thing as much as he is in this moment... makes you love him that much more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have no clue what you are talking about :P